After a conversation with some colleagues about WordPress security, I decided to install and activate Wordfence on one of my blogs today. I’m using the free version, but it appears to have some nice features. I’ve just started poking around a bit. Some of the logging features are quite interesting, in particular the human v. computer taxonomy. My scan was clean except for one URL I’d highlighted in a post a couple months ago. I looked at the current info on it and took the option to leave it in the post and ignore it on future scans. Overall, a good first impression for Wordfence. I give it two thumbs up!
Leave a reply