This is the J. Dunns’ web space…
(Joel, Jan, [Jason & Jenny & Sierra], & [Jeff & Julia])
Joel’s LinkedIn profile
Find lots of miscellaneous stuff in Joel’s blog…
Doings of the clan can be found below:
- The Dunn 1996 expedition was to the desert Southwest ( Grand Canyon,Zion, Mesa Verde etc.)
- 1997 trip was the maritime provinces of Canada!
- In 1998, we returned to the southwest, to the BSA Philmont Training Center for a week and then a circuit of Utah and Colorado (Arches NP, Timpanogas NM, Dinosaur NM, Rocky Mountain NP).
- For the 2000 vacation circuit, we spent a week in the Florida Keys in the spring and then three weeks in California in the summer.
- So…where’s the exciting 2001 trip? Well, we sent our oldest son, Jason, to Philmont Scout Ranch and the BSA National Jamboree. So, the rest of the family chilled for a couple of weeks at Emerald Isle, NC (this picture was taken in 2000, and actually has both kids in it…)
- The 2002 vacation was to Yellowstone, the Tetons, the Black Hills, etc…a great time.
- For 2003, we sent Jason to the BSA Northern Tier Canoe Base
- For 2004, we sent our youngest son, Jeff, to Philmont Scout Ranch, but Jan and I got a week alone at the beach!
- For 2005 Jeff went to the BSA National Jamboree, and we sent Jason to college…need I say more 😉 ?
- In 2006, Jeff and I went to the BSA Northern Tier Canoe Base…
- In 2007 Jeff went back to Philmont Scout Ranch. Jan and I got away for a short trip to Washington, VA. Stayed at the Heritage House B&B, hiked, visited wineries, and had dinner at the Inn at Little Washington
- In 2009, two weeks at Emerald Isle, NC. Also, Jan and I had a fun weekend in November, flying to Buffalo, NY to see the Rippingtons in concert and a quick trip to Niagra Falls
- In 2010, two weeks at Emerald Isle, NC.
- In 2011, Jan and I took a long weekend at Sharp Rock Vineyards and then Emerald Isle for two weeks.
- 2012 was a great year as Jan and I went to England & Scotland, then back to Sharp Rock, and finished with two weeks at Emerald Isle.
- 2013 was great, as I retired at the end of the year. We spent New Years in London, with a side trip to Paris. Also bought a new boat 😀
- 2014 saw lots of beach time, our annual trip to Sharp Rock, a week in Edisto SC and the Low Country Jazz Festival, a trip to Palm Springs/Indio, with a visit to Temecula for wine and jazz, and more
- 2015 saw beach time, a new truck!, a trip to NYC for the Daily Show, a rim-to-rim hike across the Grand Canyon in May, Sharp Rock in June, and a trip to Tuscany and Switzerland.
- 2016 was a Caribbean cruise (Dave Koz Jazz cruise), Sharp Rock, and beach time, but the biggie was the birth of our granddaughter, Sierra! Also, a trip to Temecula again for wine and jazz
- 2017 was a cruise out of Venice (Dave Koz), our annual trip to Sharp Rock, a circuit hike around Mt. Blanc, a trip to Palm Springs, with a visit to Temecula again for wine and jazz (oh, yea, a new electric car, a Chevy Bolt!)
- Also, we moved full time to the beach!
- 2018 was a quick trip to Scotland 🏴 for a Seal concert, and will be a Baltic cruise (Dave Koz) and a cruise on the Danube from Nuremberg to Budapest
- 2019 is another river cruise, on the Rhine from Basel to Amsterdam